Swollen legs and spider veins can make even the most confident person feel self-conscious about their legs, even in the warmer weather. If you’re one of those people who are uncomfortable wearing shorts and you want to look and feel great this summer, we recommend starting your journey to better-looking legs now with laser vein treatments in Nyack. Following are some reasons why.
1. Without laser vein treatments, your symptoms will only worsen as time goes by.
A condition known as venous reflux can lead to pain, swelling, discomfort, and bulging veins (varicose veins). The pooling of blood will eventually get worse, thereby aggravating symptoms and increasing discomfort. This can lead to chronic venous insufficiency, which will worsen over time if left untreated.
2. Venous disease cannot be cured with self-care, but it can slow down its progression.
Self-care measures you can employ to slow the progression of venous disease include:
- Staying active with regular exercise such as walking;
- Maintaining a healthy weight;
- Avoiding sitting or standing for long periods of time:
- Not wearing garments that constrict blood flow;
- Not wearing uncomfortable shoes, such as high heels;
- Wearing compression stockings;
- Periodically elevating your legs.
3. Vein issues will not diminish without treatment.
Some vein issues develop slowly over time, which may cause you or even a doctor to ignore the symptoms of venous disease. And although they can easily be missed or overlooked, they will not simply disappear without the right procedures, such as laser vein treatments in Nyack.
4. Seeking care early can mean fewer treatments.
As vein blockages get worse, a greater number of treatments may be required. By tackling blood flow problems early on, you can stop them from getting worse and hopefully prevent the formation of new ones.
5. Early care may alleviate the need for more invasive treatments.
Generally speaking, the early-stage conditions are easier to treat than those that appear later.
If you want to proudly show off your legs, you should consider starting right away with laser vein treatments in Nyack. Talk to the specialists at Lazur La Vie Laser Centre and Day Spa so that you can begin your journey to better-looking legs sooner rather than later. Contact us today to book your appointment at our office in Nyack!